Initially designed and utilised in Australia; sliding, folding doors have become a staple of new build and large scale renovation projects in the U.K. The ironmongery system allows a run of doors to concertina together to one end, to give a wide opening.
Delivering seamless interior/exterior living spaces, the bifolding door is very popular in the open-plan culture of homebuilding. We use only Centor ironmongery systems which are widely considered to be the best available on the market. They are available in either a top rolling or bottom rolling to give flexibility depending on the application.
- The main access door has full multipoint locking, while every second junction between doors leafs also give top and bottom locking opportunity.
- Key lockable ironmongery is included with a range of finishes.
- Available in double or triple glazing, with the ability to deliver A+ rated products with U-values of below 1.0W/m2K.
What are the advantage over a lift and slide door?
- Typically offers a single or double access door, which can make it more suitable for everyday use.
- Doors can be concertinaed to give a full opening width.
- There are a greater variety of options available, including curved systems and ones that allow full opening of a corner.
- The door leafs are limited to 1.1m wide, so the product looks traditional in U.K. buildings.
Enquire about this product